Thursday 2 July 2015

Celebrating Your Life: Lessons from my father

A warm smile is a universal Language of Kindness ~ William Authur Ward.

 
The little rain that fell this morning reminded me of the last
wonderful moments I spend with my father. I had just finish my Last
exams in School and was set to go home, When my mum showed up.
As she was approaching me, I could sense the tears in our eyes and my
heart beat started increasing.
"Mum!" I managed to shout trying to hide my ignorance...." it's your
Dad" she said..
And we didn't say any other word untill we reach the house.

Things didn't change much at home when we arrive, Apart from the aroma
of food from the kitchen which was prepared for my home coming and the
happiness of being at home after a very long time.

My dad was sitting on his bed when we entered the room... " Welcome
home " he smiles and open his arms to embrace me... We chatted for few
minutes, ate and sat down together starring at each other.

In the growing silence, I remembered how we use to walk hand - in hand
together (My dad, mother, my brothers and sisters) to church every
sunday.
I remembered the day he gathered all of us together and rain blessings on us.
I remembered the Moon light story time where he would gather us and
inspire us with great stories...

"My Son, I love you so much" His words breaks the silence..and my mum
couldn't help but to shed tears of joy.
He didn't wait for me to response, "Live and celebrate everyday of
your life as if it is the last." he said and then asked my mum to
bring the wine.

He told me different stories about life, we played a little and he
encourage me to always believe in myself...
Few days after, he pass on, we cry, celebrated, then life continue.

My dad taught me the following about life:

1. Always tell people they matter everytime.

2. live and celebrate every day of your life no matter the situation.

3.Be good to yourself and others.

4. Cherish the people who are always there for you.

5. Life is about relationship, seek to create, build and maintain relationship.

6. You need God to guide your footsteps.

7. Be Kind, it pays.

8. Don't be affraid to go after what you want.

9. Learn to encourage and support others.

10. Your name is very important value it.....


Thank you for reading my post, stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment