Friday 19 June 2015

How to get your message to the right audience


"Singing is one thing, being heard is another" , I said as I pack my
things to leave the stage... The presentation was just 25 minutes and
the audience was a small scale business forum in my community..What
surprise me most was not the clap that follows after the presentation,
but the number of people that were interested in my phone number after
the event.

Social Media has made things easier and simple for people and brand
that make good use of it.
Like I keep telling people, it is not just to have an account on
twitter, facebook or instagram but your ability to create connections
and inspire relationship with the content you share.


As a Social Media Consultant, my advise on social sharing is always simple..

1. Research
As a brand, you need to be aware that you are not alone in the
business, your ability to research and add value to what you share
will make you stand out....Conduct a target research, know your
strength and weakness, know your competitor, understand your audience
then create a strategy.


2. Create connection.

Like my friend Emily Thomas (www.twitter.com/emitoms) would say " No
matter How technical the World gets, connection will always happen
through people" Start with the people you know and believe in, find
and locate mentors, create or join a unique community, be consistent
and be real.

3. Engage
Tell your story your own way and make it worth listening to, add a
Little humour and inspiration if you can, follow and engage with your
audience, Tweet, retweet, post, mention, share and #BeSociable.

5. Hashtag are appropraite

Have at least an hashtag for your brand.....and be consistent....I
enjoyed searching for hashtag especially those that are closer to my
heart on twitter, some few example are:
#JoyTrain
#leadfromwithin
#axelhappy
#livewithpassion
#BeYou
#CustServ
#quote
#Kindness
Etc


Tell you story with passion.....

No comments:

Post a Comment